Thursday, July 14, 2011

All That and a Bag of Chips Digital Campagin

How do we change negative perspectives the public has on teachers? We think it comes from the inside. Rashid talked about the "teams" we create in schools and how they are implied versus embedded.  It's something we "have" to be a part of not "want" to. So how can we make this happen. It's not an easy task but here are some ideas:

-Show and Tell: Each teacher is responsible at the school for sharing one "new idea" at each staff meeting. That way it's not this huge professional development workshop that takes up loads of time. Just short chunks of very valuable information

-Leaving my door open

-Ask questions until my eyes bleed. Maybe if I keep doing it others will be more willing to ask me.

-Communicate even if people aren't listening. When I give suggestions at staff meetings I won't let their giggle, about how I'm a newbie, deter me from talking. They will listen and maybe something will sink in.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment