Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reflection

I'm thinking hard in many ways now: demo, inquiry, drafts of personal pieces.  I'm thinking hard on personal/emotional thinking and dialogue in response to the article read today.  We used the road sign: slippery when wet to describe this one.  I think on my mom and how a lot of her relationships have been slippery and wet and how this contrasts and is similar to my life.  The Murray cards made me evaluate what her parents thought was important: marriage and babies and what she told be was important: education. Yet although she told me countless times to get my education before a husband I didn't listen to her, but rather did both. I'm running with the theme that children are smarter than their parents because we have their experiences and our own to know what to do and what not to do. I hope my kids are smarter than me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Ashley! Love the way the language from your group today- is sliding around through your stories and reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I like the connections you are making with family and how you are then connecting these family things to other readings. That's what really helps us to see the whole picture of how so much of us is connected to everything else. Sometimes it just all becomes a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete